Well hello freezing temperatures and a polar vortex hitting Canada this week! Hope you are keeping bundled up and toasty warm. Brrr! So, this winter in order to deal with the frigid arctic vortex temperatures of -35, I found it’s best to embrace the frost and decorate my home with “Winter Themed” accessories that created a warm and cozy setting!
Here are some images I have found on Instagram to help you visualize this cozy look.
Here are my tips for creating this look.
- After Christmas decorating, make sure you have put away all decor relating to Santa, reindeer or berries – basically most if not all of your “red” decor.
- Take inspiration from nature and introduce/keep birch branches, pine cones, white or beige candles, green branches, baskets, brown and white sticks – lots of sticks!
- Keep fairy light and/or warm battery-powered LED lights. These you can put into vases with pine cones (like I have) or drape them around a window or your fireplace mantle. It will give a lovely warm and cozy ambience.
- Add faux fur blankets and throws in light shades like white or beige.
- You can also add winter themed wall art, then once the winter is over replace them with your regular pictures. I added a lamas with scarves picture in my living room 🙂
And this is how I decorated my living room and dining areas!
So keep warm this winter and happy decorating friends! Next blog I’m working on is Home Organization- closets! Stay tuned.